Very traditional and easy to make appetizer that is always a favorite at any party. For larger servings simply double or triple the recipe.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook time: 4 min
Total time: 19 mins
Yield: 8 servings
o 1 avocado, mashed
o 1 1/2 tablespoons green chiles, diced
o 1 cup Monterey jack cheese, grated
o Butter, melted, as needed
o 2 tablespoons onion, diced
o 1/2 cup bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
o 2 flour tortillas
1. Combine avocados, chiles, cheese, onion and bacon, mixing well. Divide mixture in half. Spread mixture on each tortilla, leaving a 1/4-inch edge uncovered.
2. Fold each tortilla in half and crimp edges.
3. Brush a large skillet and tortillas on both folded sides with melted butter.
4. Fry until golden brown or until cheese melts (2-4 min).
5. Cut each tortillas into 4 wedges and serve hot.