This is the traditional Beef Enchiladas which you can enhance with whatever your imagination can devise (lettuce, tomatoes, salsa etc).
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook time: 25 min
Total time: 35 mins
Yield: 6+ Enchiladas
o 1 lb. ground beef
o 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
o 1 cup onion, chopped
o 1/4 cup chopped green chili
o 1 tablespoon chili powder
o 1/2 cup corn kernels
o salt, to taste
o 1/2 cup beef broth
o 12 (as needed) Corn tortillas
o 1 cup enchilada sauce make your own here
o 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
o 4 teaspoons jalapeno pepper, minced
1. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
2. Add ground beef and onions. Cook until meat is browned and onion tender (about 5 minutes). Pour off oil.
3. Add beef broth, green chili, chili powder and corn. Cook until heated throughout, about 5 minutes.
4. Salt to taste and continue cooking until liquid is reduced to just one or two tablespoons (about 10-15 minutes).
5. Heat tortillas in a skillet just until soft.
6. Place about a heaping tablespoon of the beef mixture in the center of each tortilla, sprinkle cheese over beef and roll tortilla into a log shape, folding ends in.
7. Place rolled tortillas in a baking dish and cover with additional cheese.
8. Drizzle enchilada sauce over tortillas.
9. Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree F. oven until cheese is melted.
10. Serve hot with jalapeno peppers and any left over enchilada sauce.