Who doesn't like Breakfast Burritos? Add this delightful Mexican treat to your morning and you will be smiling all day.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook time: 37 min
Total time: 52 mins
Yield: 6 servings
o 1/2 pound sausage (spicy is optional)
o 1 onion, chopped
o 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chilies
o 10 eggs
o 1/3 cup milk
o 1/2 teaspoon salt
o 1/2 teaspoon pepper
o 6 (10 inch) flour tortillas
o 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Combine sausage, onion, and chilies in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir and cook until sausage is crumbled and browned and onion tender (about 10 minutes). Drain off fat.
2. Combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a bowl and beat until eggs are frothy.
3. Pour eggs into meat mixture in skillet and cook over medium-high heat, scraping pan bottom often, until eggs are set (about 3 minutes for soft - 5 for firm).
4. Lay flour tortillas flat on a counter. Spoon an equal portion of the meat and egg mixture in the center of each tortilla. Sprinkle 1/3 cup of the shredded cheese evenly over the top of each burrito meat mixture and roll burritos up into a log shape.
5. Place burritos, seams down, in a suitable sized pan; cover with foil and bake in a 200 degrees F. oven until cheese is melted (15 to 20 minutes).
6. Remove foil cover and sprinkle remaining cheese over top of burritos. Return to oven, uncovered, until the cheese is melted.