April 23, 2013
This quick, easy Chicken Chilaquiles is generally served as an appetizer or snack but may be a main dish. You can buy chicken that is already skinless and boneless or you can pay a little less and remove skin and bones yourself.
If you do not have a microwave oven the dish may be cooked under the oven broiler. Just watch closely to prevent over cooking.
Yield: 4 servings
o 4 Chicken Breast Halves, skinless and boneless
o Vegetable oil (Conola oil) as needed
o 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin
o Salt And Pepper, to taste
o 8 Oz Tortilla Chips
o 28 Oz Green Enchilada Sauce
o 8 Oz Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
o 1/2 Cup Cilantro, chopped
o 4 Green Onions, chopped
o 8 Tablespoons Sour Cream
1. Rub chicken breasts on all sides with vegetable oil. Sprinkle with cumin, salt and pepper. Place in pan and broil until just done (about 5-10 minutes each side). Remove chicken and slice or shred.
2. Evenly cover four microwave safe dinner plates with tortilla chips.
3. Sprinkle chips with the shredded chicken. Pour enchilada sauce over the chicken and then microwave each plate for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes.
4. Top with cheese and microwave each plate for 45-60 seconds or until cheese melts in the center of plate.
5. Meanwhile, chop and combine Cilantro and green onions.
6. Sprinkle 1/4 cup Cilantro/onion mixture over each of the heated plates. Put a dollop of sour cream in the center of each plate and serve.