Very filling and yummy chicken enchiladas, cooked casserole style. If using a small casserole dish you may need to layer ingredients. A large dish may only require a single layer (step 5 of instructions). It's good either way.
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook time: 1 hour 30 min
Total time: 1 hour 50 mins
Yield: 6-8 servings
o 4 chicken breasts cut into 1" cubes
o tortillas, as needed
o 1 can cream of chicken soup
o 1 can mushroom soup
o 1 (6oz.) can green chile salsa
o 1 (4 oz.) can green chiles
o 1 onion, grated
o 1 cup milk
o 1 cup Monterey cheese, shredded
1. Mix mushroom soup, salsa, chilies, onion and milk in a large bowl and set aside
2. Place a layer of tortillas (either flour or corn) into the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking pan or casserole dish
3. Put a layer of cubed chicken in the bottom of the baking pan
4. Layer top of the chicken with the soup/chile mix (from step 1)
5. Repeat layers until ingredients are gone
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 to 1-1/2 hours. Watch closely the last half hour and remove from oven when top is brown and mix is bubbly.
7. Spread shredded cheese over top and return to oven until cheese melts. (watch closely).