This chicken on a stick is not only a great appetizer it's just fun. The kids really like this treat. Serve at your next party or...anytime at all.
Chicken On A Stick
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook time: 8 min
Total time: 28 mins
Yield: 4 servings
o 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
o 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch chunks or strips
o 1/2 cup chili powder, divided
o 1 cup sour cream
o 1 cup salsa
o 1 tablespoon dill weed (optional)
o wooden or metal skewers, as needed
1. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Place chili powder in a bowl, reserving 1 tablespoon. Toss chicken in chili powder to coat.
3. Add chicken to the hot skillet and cook until slightly brown and cooked through, about 6-8 minutes.
4. While chicken cooks, make dipping sauce by combining sour cream, salsa, dill weed and remaining 1 tablespoon of chili powder in a bowl and mixing well. Store in the refrigerator if not to be used immediately.
5. Place several pieces of chicken on each skewer, garnish with cilantro sprigs, lime wedges and jalapeno slices. Serve with dipping sauce on the side.