You can make this chicken burrito recipe with or without beans and rice. They are simpler without...but very good either way.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook time: 35 min
Total time: 50 mins
Yield: 10 servings
o 1/2 cup rice
o 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
o 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
o 1 1/2 cups water
o 2 teaspoons lime juice
o 1 cup salsa (your favorite store bought or homemade)
o 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained, rinsed
o 1 can (11 oz) whole kernel corn, drained
o 10 (8 inch) flour tortillas
o Sour cream, as needed
1. Combine chicken and vegetable oil in a 10-inch skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until chicken is browned (8-10 minutes).
2. Add water, lime juice, salsa and rice. Stir.
3. Stir in beans and corn. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 to 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
4. Heat tortillas in 200 degree F. oven or skillet.
5. Spoon generous portion of chicken mixture down center of each warm tortilla. Top with sour cream.
6. Fold bottom of each tortilla 1 inch over filling. Fold sides in. Fold top over sides.
7. Top with additional sour cream and serve immediately