Keep in mind that shrimp only takes a few minutes to cook and is easy to over cook. Over cooked shrimp is tough and rubbery with little flavor so watch closely.
Cilantro Shrimp Recipe
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook time: 6 min
Total time: 21 mins
Yield: 4 servings
o 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
o 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
o 1 medium onion, chopped
o 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
o 16 large raw shrimp, peeled and de-veined
o 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
o Lemon wedges, as needed
1. Combine margarine and vegetable oil in a medium skillet and heat on medium heat.
2. Add onion and garlic to skillet and cook until onion is tender (2-3 minutes).
3. Add shrimp, and cook for 1 minute.
4. Turn shrimp. Cook another 2 minutes. Do not over cook.
5. Serve over rice. Pour pan juices over shrimp; garnish with fresh cilantro and lemon wedges.