You are here:
> Green Sauce
MEXICAN BASIC GREEN SAUCE RECIPE
Tired of red sauce over and over? Here's a simple recipe for a mild green sauce packed with flavor. Use on tacos, burritos, enchiladas or any where you would use red sauce.
Mexican Basic Green Sauce
1 cup Onions; Chopped
1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
10 ounces Fresh Spinach, Chopped
1/2 pound Tomatillos, Coarsely Chopped
4 ounces Green Chiles; Chopped (1 can)
2 each Cloves Garlic, Crushed
1 tablespoon dried (powered) Oregano
1 cup Chicken Broth
2 cups Sour Cream
1. Cook and stir onions in oil in a 3-quart saucepan until tender (about 5-8 min).
2. Stir in remaining ingredients except broth and sour cream. Cover and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Remove mixture from heat and place in a food processor, cover and process until smooth, about 1 minute.
4. Return mixture to saucepan; stir in broth. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
5. Remove from heat, stir in sour cream.
6. Cool and serve or cover and refrigerate.
ABOUT CHILE PEPPERS
MEXICAN COOKING TECHNIQUES
WHAT DID I ORDER?
ON OUR SISTER WEB SITES