Very tasty treatment of the bell pepper. This quick and easy recipe is very good as a sandwich spread or served over rice, meat or as a side dish.
Bell Pepper Rajas
Total time: 25 mins
Yield: 4 servings
o 1 Green Bell Pepper
o 1 Red Bell Pepper
o 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
o vegetable oil (as needed for frying)
o 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
o 1 clove garlic, minced
o 1/4 cup vegetable broth
o 3/4 cup Monterey Jack Cheese, Shredded
o 1/4 cup Chopped Ripe Olives
o 1/4 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
1. Remove stems and seeds from bell peppers. Cut peppers into 1/2 inch wide strips.
2. Heat 1 or tablespoons vegetable oil in a skillet.
3. Place peppers, onion and garlic in skillet and stir while cooking until onions are tender.
4. Add vegetable broth and cook until broth is reduced by half. Stir frequently.
5. Remove from heat and transfer ingredients to a an ungreased broiler proof baking dish.
6. Sprinkle peppers with cheese, olives and red pepper flakes (adjust pepper flakes to your tolerance for spiciness)
7. Set oven control to broil. Broil peppers just until cheese is melted, about 3 minutes. Watch peppers constantly or they will burn quickly.