This easy Tex-Mex Skillet Breakfast combines eggs, bacon and potatoes for a filling and yummy meal to kick start your morning. Just add coffee or your favorite beverage for a complete meal.
Tex-Mex Skillet Breakfast
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook time: 28 min
Yield: 4 servings
o 6 strips bacon, diced
o 1/2 cup onions, chopped
o 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
o 5 cups potatoes, dice small
o 1 can (4 ounce) green chilies, chopped
o 1 cup tomato, diced
o 1 teaspoon chili powder
o 4 eggs
1. Fry the bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Remove bacon and dice. Set aside.
2. Drain bacon grease from skillet leaving about 3 tablespoons.
3. Saute onions and garlic in skillet until onions are tender.
4. Add potatoes and chilies. Cook until potatoes are tender and browned, about 20 minutes.
5. Add tomatoes, chili powder and bacon. Stir to combine.
6. Beat eggs in a small bowl until frothy, then pour on top of other ingredients in skillet.
7. Cover and simmer until eggs are done to your preference. Watch closely to avoid over cooking.