You can use just about any kind of beef for this recipe. Flank steak, Top Round and Sirloin all work well. If you have any left over steak or roast, you can use that too. Just make sure to slice the steak about 1/4 to 1/8 inch thick.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook time: 20 min
Yield: 6 servings
o 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
o 1 lb. steak (any kind), sliced into strips 1/4 inch thick.
o 1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped
o 1 medium onion, chopped fine
o 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced or chopped
o 1 cup salsa
o water, as needed (see directions)
o 1 cup (or more) cheddar cheese, shredded
o 6 tortillas
1. Place vegetable oil in a large non-stick skillet and heat on medium heat.
2. Add steak strips, bell pepper and onion. Stir fry until meat is well browned and onion tender.
3. Add mushrooms and salsa and cook another 10 minutes. If mixture is too thick, add water a little at a time and stir until you get the thickness you like.
4. Heat tortillas in 200 degree oven or skillet.
5. Spoon generous portions of steak mixture into center of hot tortillas.
6. Sprinkle shredded cheese over meat mixture and fold tortillas.
7. Place folded tortillas, seam side down, on a cookie sheet, cover tops with additional cheese and bake in a 300 degree F. oven until cheese is melted.