This very popular and yummy Tex-Mex Burrito recipe is easy and quick to make. Serve as a snack, whole meal or entree. The kids love these filling and tasty burritos.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook time: 25 min
Yield: 10 servings
o 1 lb lean ground beef
o 1 1/4 cups finely chopped, peeled potatoes
o 1/2 cup chopped onion
o 2 cloves garlic, minced
o 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
o 1 (15 ounce) can spicy chili beans, with liquid
o 1/4 teaspoon salt
o 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
o 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
o 10 tortillas (10-inch)
o 1 to 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
o salsa, as needed
o sour cream, as needed
1. Combine ground beef, potatoes, onion, garlic, and jalapeno peppers in a non-stick skillet.
2. Cook over medium-high heat until beef is browned and vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes; stir often; drain off grease.
3. Add beans, salt, pepper, and cumin; stir to mix.
4. Bring to a boil; lower heat, and simmer for 5 minutes, stir often.
5. Spoon 1/2 cup mixture onto the center of each tortilla.
6. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese.
7. Roll up tortillas burrito-style, enclosing filling and folding ends under.
8. Place burritos, seam side down, in a lightly greased baking dish; cover with foil.
9. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 10-12 minutes or until thoroughly heated
and cheese is bubbly.