Mexican flavors cooked in a Chinese style. Very yummy recipe that is easy to make as a main course or a side dish.
Tex-Mex Stir Fry
Prep Time: 25 min
Cook time: 10 min
Yield: 4 servings
o 3/4 pound beef top round steak
o 1 tablespoon cooking oil
o 2 cloves garlic, minced
o 1 small onion, chopped
o 1 teaspoon chili powder
o 1 (15 oz) can chili beans with juice
o 1 cup canned garbanzo beans, drained
o 2/3 cup hot (spicy) salsa (store bought)
o shredded cheddar cheese, as needed, for garnish
1. Partially freeze meat by placing in the freezer 15 minutes. Thinly slice, across the grain, into bite size pieces. Set aside.
2. Preheat wok over hight heat. Add oil.
3. Stir fry garlic, onion and chili powder in hot oil for 2 minutes.
4. Add meat and stir fry for 2-3 minutes until meat is done.
5. Stir in chili beans (with juice), garbanzo beans and salsa. Bring to a boil.
6. Remove from heat and serve over rice or crumbled cornbread. Garnish with shredded cheese.