You are here:
> Tex-Mex Enchiladas
TEX-MEX ENCHILADAS RECIPE
Here's a simple recipe for Tex-Mex Enchiladas that does not require a lot of skill in the kitchen.
2 lbs ground beef
10 soft, taco-size, flour tortillas
2 cans (10 oz. each) refried beans
1 small jar Picante Sauce
4 cans chili (without beans)
4 cups Monterey jack cheese, shredded
1. Cook ground beef in a large skillet until brown and crumbly. Pour off oil.
2. Add both cans of refried beans and the Picante sauce to the ground beef. Stir well and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
3. While the meat mixture is simmering, warm the 4 cans of chili in a separate sauce pan.
4. Spoon a large spoonful of the meat mixture (from step 2) into the center of each tortilla and wrap it into a log shape.
5. Continue step 4 until all tortilla or the meat mixture is gone.
6. Place the tortilla in two 13 x 9 pans.
7. Pour the warmed chili (from step 3) over the top of the tortillas.
8. Spread the shredded cheese over the chili.
9. Bake in a 350 degree oven until cheese melts and is bubbly.
ABOUT CHILE PEPPERS
MEXICAN COOKING TECHNIQUES
WHAT DID I ORDER?
ON OUR SISTER WEB SITES