This Tex-Mex skillet delight recipe is great for a snack or a main course.
Tex-Mex Skillet Delight
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook time: 40 min
Yield: 6 servings
o 1 lb ground beef
o 1 small onion, chopped
o 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
o 1 (10 ounce) can green chilies
o 1 1/2 cups water
o 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
o 1 (1 ounce) envelope mild taco seasoning mix
o 1/2 teaspoon salt
o 2 cups chopped lettuce
o 3 green onions, chopped
o 1 tomato, chopped
o 1 avocado, sliced
o 1 cup Monterey cheese, shredded
o tortilla chips, as needed
o salsa, as needed
1. Combine beef, onion and bell pepper in a large skillet and cook over medium high heat, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain oil.
2. Stir in green chilies, water, rice, seasoning mix and salt.
3. Cook covered, over medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Uncover and cook 15 more minutes, then remove from heat.
5. Plate servings and sprinkle with lettuce, onions, tomato, avocado and cheese.